Monday, November 16, 2009

Critical Mass: Concept

For the third project, I have chosen the route of Critical Mass. There is a complexity of images throughout our vision at a constant pace. We view a different image almost every time we blink. Within our mind, there is a resemblance that occurs, causing us to view a different image within our head. My concept for this series is the traveling mind. Being someone who's mind wanders constantly, there is a multitude of images that pour into my brain. Most of the time, these images don't make sense, but are a rapid fire of memories responding to the image currently viewed. So while I worked through these images, the movement is made by the thought process causing a new image to appear. I tried to create some consistency throughout the book, to allow the flow to be understood while flipping through the pages. Through looking in the book, you will notice that the relations start to become more vague and confusing. This is not by accident. The thought process begins to slow down and this causes frustration. Sometimes, the images that seem obscene arise. Through this, I tried to keep it experimental. This way it seems more natural, relating to my theme.
While working, I noticed that the differentiation in color seemed inappropriate and irrelevant, when it came to the physical book. I wanted that consistent flow, so the black and white range helped keep a better composition as a whole. I hope you enjoy, comment and criticize, that's what blogs are for right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment